[RESOLVED] win2k / usb prob

Thread: [RESOLVED] win2k / usb prob

wba

Post win2k / usb prob

HELP ... when I enable USB on a SuperMicro
    MB using, Win 2000, the system boots through both loading splash screens, then no video.
    If I F8 at first splash screen and choose enable VGA, all works. With USB's disabled, it boots right through with no prob. HELP

I'm having a similar problem. I loaded Win2k onto a AMD-K6-2-400, everything loaded fine after one or two formats and a bios reset and then Windows loaded and worked fine until I went into my Bios and Enabled USB after loading with USB I started getting error messages like explorer.exe has crashed msim.exe quarkexpress.exe has crashed and so on.

If I turn off my USB most of the problems go away, but after the error messages start the computer is never the same again. I've Installed Win98 Win98SE & Win2K and I'm having the same problems on all three operating systems.

I've even gone out and got a new HD and the problems still come back. I've figured out it's a Hardware problem, but does anyone know how to fix this? Could it be my whole motherboard?

Thanks,
    Andy

[email protected]

MrGuy105

Thats because my little freinds that windows 2000 still has some bugs in it. My recommendation is to reformat your harddrive WITH usb enabled before your install windows, then repartion, reformat, install windows and let windows set it up along with the rest of your devices during the initial detection, so it does not cause any conflicts since it is apparently doing. Windows will then arrange all of the irqs so that there are no conflicts.

This is not due to a Win2k BUG, the USB needs to be enabled prier to installing the OS.

------------------
    Techno®
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]

wbatten is right. I read that note myself today on the VIA tech support site. Activate the USB and then install Windows.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."