Usb camera problems

Thread: Usb camera problems

Angry Usb camera problems

Hi, have a Olympus digital camera and HP laptop, both a collegue's, and I'm trying to get the cam's pics downloaded to the laptop. The camera works fine on any other pc/laptop, but when plugged into the HP, it stalls the USB, i.e. I had an optical mouse in the one port & plugged the cam into the other then the mouse stops working and doesn't work even if you unplug & plug it back in. In Device manger under USB, there are only two devices - 'USB Root hub' and 'Via ref 5 or later USB controller'. Tried updating or changing those but it did not fix the problem. Please help!

Red face

Had another usb problem, a flash stick didn't show as a drive in 'My Computer' when plugged in. The pc is running XPprof and picks up the flash stick, but you could not access it. The pc has a few mapped network drives (one is mapped as E. XP did not automatically assign the flash stick an unused drive letter so it could not be accessed. I fixed it by right-clicking on My Computer --> Manage and selecting Disk Mangement under Storage. The drive showed there, also assigned with drive letter E:, right-click on the flash drive --> Change Drive Letter and just change it to an unused drive letter. Worked after that.