[RESOLVED] usb-unknown device?

Thread: [RESOLVED] usb-unknown device?

Great Scott

Question usb-unknown device?

Ooooh, my brain hurts!
    I purchased a motherboard dual port cable. After connecting it to my usb enabled bios, Win 98 only recognises it as an unknown device and can not find drivers for it(I didn't think it needed a driver). Root hub and open host controller are set up, but that unknown device devil, rears it ulgy face! What do I do?
    Thanks a Gillion!

Is there another device using the same IRQ?
    Is PNP PCI Devices Enabled in Setup?
    If your sure everything is correct, that you can do, then you might want to go into device manager/system devices and Remove the PCI Bus, then reboot, and windows will refind and setup your PCI devices.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

artnet

Wink

Different device have different installation method, if scanner/printer you may want it detect 1st then point it into the installation cd usb directory, if the printer/scanner is detected as unknown device you may try it on another PC to verify the device is in working condition.

Sridhar Raju

I have all the Windows95 PCI drivers for individual components (NIC, MODEM, VIDEO, SOUND) - But the basic PCI Cardbus Controller is not working properly - Where can I get these drivers ? Can anyone help me please ?