[RESOLVED] need 1.1 compliant controller driver

Thread: [RESOLVED] need 1.1 compliant controller driver

Hybrid View

Tim Thompson

Question need 1.1 compliant controller driver

I have a Compaq Presario 2266 and a USB zip drive. Installing the zip drive resulted in the message that my "USB controller is not 1.1 compliant". I tried to update the drivers automatically and the "new" drivers installed from the windows web site are dated 2-5-98. (That was a shock, since the original drivers were dated 5-11-98!) WHere can I find the appropriate driver to resolve this?

traney

Hi! Tim'

What OS version are you using ? Also, what is the microprocessor and what is the USB Controller chipset ( in the Device Manager under USB Controller) ?

------------------
    Semper Fi,

Tom

Tim Thompson

Smile

Hi, Tom!

Here are the details:

Windows 98 ver. 4.10, Cyrix 6x86, Two devices listed under USB controller: SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller (hardware vesion 016) and USB Root Hub.

traney

Hi! Tim,

I'm guessing your Win98 is 4.10.1998. If it were Win98 SE, I know there have been some issues ( but with the AMD processors used). The drivers you need are from the chipset manufacturer. Check with the Compaq website on your system to see if they've listed any new "filters" for the SIS chips. You might also contact Compaq's tech support to see if they have any information about upgrading to the USB Standard 1.1 on your mboard. Wish I had more info for you.

------------------
    Semper Fi,

Tom

The only updates for USB from SIS are for Windows 95 OSR2.1
    Are you sure USB is Enabled and you Assigned an IRQ for it in Setup?
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

Tim Thompson

Success! I obtained an updated driver pack from Iomega which has resolved the problem. Thanks for your help!

Tim