Intel Web Camera Problems

Thread: Intel Web Camera Problems

Unhappy Intel Web Camera Problems

I purchased an Intel Web about a year ago and have had all kinds of trouble getting it to work properly. I had it working initially, but now I can not seem to get it to work again.

It is a USB web cam using the Intel Create and Share Software (I have the Add-On software too). When I go into the configuration wizard in the Intel and Create Software, it indicates that the camera can not be found. When I go into device manager the camera does not show up on the list.

At this point, I have no idea how I can get the camera to become recognized by my Gateway Pentium II 450Mhz computer...any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce [email protected]

Try installing it on a different computer.If it will work on another then it is possibly drivers, but if it was working and now it wont it is probably toast.

Intel usb camera problem, where do I find the Microsoft WDM Image Capture Driver this driver is needed to communicate the camera to the usb port, runnung 98se
    amd k-6 300 with 64megs ram. Need driver name and extension of the microsoft image capture.

Lightbulb

Try uninstalling software, than reinstall with cam unpluged. Cold boot than plug cam into USB port system should recognize the cam..

JAS
    "More Than Merely Names"
    "NEVER FORGOTTEN"

Also make sure you're not connecting the cam on a USB hub...these things take a little more power than the average USB device, and they don't want to share.
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."