[RESOLVED] USB scanner and printer problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] USB scanner and printer problems

kamelion

Post USB scanner and printer problems

I installed a brand new epson 580 colour stylus printer on an I-Will xa100 plus based pc (WinME). It worked fine. I then installed a relysis 1200u USB scanner. The computer froze every time I tried to scan something, and the scanner just kind of packed up working. now the printer wont work either. There are no device conflicts whatsoever. The scanner and printer both work perfectly on another computer. The pc detects the printer but cannot install it. The USB power resource info says that there is 500milliamps total power available and that the printer is using 2 milliamps. This problem has been driing me nuts all weekend. Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by kamelion (edited November 01, 2000).]

Skyler_22

I am a technician at best buy and I cannot get usb printers to work the way they should on most any computers. I have a steady stream of customers calling(using both lex and hp printers)with problems on installing their printers usb. I am sure most of them are making the usual mistakes but I have had a really tough time getting any printer to work usb on the compaqs as well as hp computers.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

did you try uninstalling both devices, reloading the printer and seeing if you can get the printer to work?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

kamelion

yes techs i even did a full format and reinstall (against my better judgement) as I said it finds it butusing the utility program you get with the epson printer, it just comes up connection error. I tried installing both ways, software first and hardware first but it says it canot find the port

Hey man, JUst a thought, What if you disable PCI steerring under the device manager?

hey its me again!

cornman

I had a similar prob... The printer and scanner were not communicating correctly--It took a simple DL of new drivers--sounds too easy eh?? I'm sure u have tried that though.Also, in BIOS make sure the parallel port is set to "enhanced". don't know if that will help u--but goodluck to ya.

cornman

CookieMonster

I had problems like this too. It turned out to be a BIOS problem. I have Award Bios. I had to disable a "Write Cache Pipeline" setting.