My scanner isn't responding

Thread: My scanner isn't responding

Red face My scanner isn't responding

I recently upgrade my comp for windows98 to windows ME. I have an Acer Color Flatbed scanner 320U. I haven't tried to use the scanner until today, and it's not working. My system says that it is working probally. But when I try to scann a pic it says to make sure the scanner is on and to check connection. I have done both. I have unistalled it and re-installed it. I have updated the driver, and it still isn't working. Can anyone help?

Disconnect your scanner from the computer. Then uninstall the drivers for it. Boot the system into Safe Mode and look in Device Managler for any other references to your scanner.
    Re-Boot the computer again with the scanner still disconnected, and re-install your drivers. They should be the same as the ones located here Acer Scanning
    Re-Boot one last time, then reconnect your scanner.

Let us know how it goes.

It didn't work. i even downloaded the driver and tried to upgrade it. I go into the contoll panel to system and then click on it, the message box says that the device is working properly. But when I go to actually scan something I get a message box that says to check the power and to check the connection; that the system may be busy or isn't reponding.

What are your system spec's. Mother board, sound, video, etc.?
    Do you have any other USB devices connected that are working?

You might also find something to help you here.