TopGun Usb

Thread: TopGun Usb

Unhappy TopGun Usb

Help i just got a topgun usb joystick, and i cannot get it to work... i read the software on and plus the stick and get the dreaded "not connected" i uninstall and reinstall and still same thing!!!! when i reboot in finds it and tell me it has to install HID drivers and after it does still no go.... is anybody out there using this joystick: my system spec. are
    pent3 733/133, 256mb pc133, win98fe, 20hd, sblive, cl geoforce2 32mb,
    all help wil be grately appercated

Go into safe mode and remove the usb controller and hub and the usb joystick from device manager if it shows up. Also remove any ghosts and uninstall any related software. Reboot and go straight into bios and check to see if an irq is assigned for the usb and that it is enabled properly

Finally, reboot and redetect your usb controller etc. and install any drivers windows needs to run the usb ports. Reboot again and install your joystick drivers. Shut down, plug in the joystick and restart. Hopefully it will connect properly this time!
    Never approach a computer saying or even thinking to yourself "I'll just do this quickly...."

as nootoo suggestion and

check on post for irq's if the sblive has same irq as usb or serial bus controller move the sblive.
    if you have enhance cpu performance as an option in bios ( abit boards do ) then enable.

do not enable usb keyboard for dos
    if it's via chipset board get latest via4in1 drivers from via
    get latest usb filter patch from microsoft
    try changing ports or swapping devices if more than 1 usb device.

and get latest drivers for device, remove device physically is plug . install drivers FIRST then plug in device.

apart from that would need to know more about sys etc

wired2thebrink

Do not post the same question in multiple forums

Topic continued here.

Topic Closed
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."