[RESOLVED] USB Root Hub Win 98

Thread: [RESOLVED] USB Root Hub Win 98

Adax

Post USB Root Hub Win 98

Root Hub missing in my installation. How do I get about?

Compcrew

are you using win95 or 98? It matters. Email me and include your OS, and Motherboard/Chipset/Processor and we'll get you on your way.

hi first you have to enable usb in your cmos set up then win98 will detect youusb and install everything for it to work
    good luck Claude

Adax

Originally posted by clauded:
    hi first you have to enable usb in your cmos set up then win98 will detect youusb and install everything for it to work
    good luck Claude
    Thanks for answering. I´m afraid my "little" problem is more complex than that. You see, enable usb was the first thing I did. I´ve also reinstalled win98 a couple of times. Root Hub is still missing. I´ve also talked to a lot of people who are all questionmarks, just like me. I could use an LPT-port but I refuse to let the technic win. My only hope is that somebody had the same problem and found a solution. Have a good time!

please double check your cmos, some will also ask about using an irq for usb if that is disabled you will not have usb root hub, also your irq's need to have an open one to use for root hub
    you did WHAT with that computer!!!!