no USB root hub after the PCI to USB host controller

Thread: no USB root hub after the PCI to USB host controller

Post no USB root hub after the PCI to USB host controller

I try to clean the device manager (in safe mode) of the USB drivers and restart on standart mode (windows 98SE) but still i only one USB port I can use.
    I check the system with the little Intel soft "usbready.exe" it says that the usb driver connection is not operating correctly.
    so how i can do to get back the USB root hub driver to use te 2 USB ports ?

thank you
    cheers

laurent

Have you run the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard in control panel and told it to autodetect new hardware? There also may be an unresolved IRQ conflict in the IRQ Steering that can sometimes be triggered to repair itself by moving cards in your PCI sockets to different slots causing Windows to reassign IRQ's.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

the add/remove hardware wizard didn't detect anything, even if i force him to recognise the usb root hub.

i will try to switch the PCI cards to others slots tomorrow is to late for me now.

thanks already
    good night
    laurent

i tried to move the PCI card to another slots but it still doesn't work. that's really bother me i need the second USB port to plug my webcam (and i want to keep the zip drive on the other one).
    i checked on the windrivers archives, some clues but still not the solution
    is there a solution to put back the USB root hub driver ?

thanks to answer me

cheers

laurent

i doubt if this will help, but ive had my root hub disappear once. i was trying to get a usb webcam to work, and the usb root hub just wasnt there.(i was having driver problems with the webcam.) once i deleted everything having to do with the webcam my root hub reappeared. dont know if this'll help.
    General Darksteel, fascist dictator, socially inept and clueless demagouge, and one man army of the L.U.R.K.

actually, it's the same problem. since i tried to connect the logitech ubs webcam, the root hub disapear. i get ride of the webcam drivers but the root hub still not there.

finally i'm not the only one who got that trouble, it make me less hopeless, but still i have no solution.

cheers
    laurent

Oski

Cool

I had the USB hub disappear after installing Win ME to a new HD.

I finally fixed it by going into BIOS Setup and checking Operating System Automatically control PCI Steering under PCI & Plug And Play.