[RESOLVED] Win98 USB problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Win98 USB problem

hotrod

Unhappy Win98 USB problem

Win98 first edition with all the Microsoft updates(from windows update),when using a USB device the computer will not fully shut down.It hangs at the windows is now shutting down screen.Have to hit the reset button.Restarting is fine but once win98 is back running it does not detect the USB device!I have to unplug the USB cable and then Plug it back in,Then it works fine!IF i pull the cable befour a restart ot shutdown,then its fine.Once up and running I just plug in the cable and its perfect.
    Im using a RCA USB model number DCM226 cable modem,works great except for the above problem.My friend also uses the same modem on basically the same computer and his works fine,he can shutdown and restart and everything is fine,must be a setting or something.I cant find it!
    ANY IDEAS??????????????????

bcgreen

check mb bios setup,chipset features setup.
    see if your onchip usb is enabled

Is your cpu an AMD, if it is there is a windows patch that will cure shutdown problem, also your modem problem is common, I have a diamond usb modem and I to have to unplug it for it to work properly.
    I posted a message about usb modem problem in windrivers and had loads of replies from people having same problem, it looks like we will have to wait for Microsoft to sort that one
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.