Getting A New CD Burner...Suggestions?

Thread: Getting A New CD Burner...Suggestions?

Question Getting A New CD Burner...Suggestions?

I'm getting a new computer in the summer (as a few people here know from my previous posts), and I require everybody's help once again.

I'm going to get a CD burner along with the computer. I currenly have a Sony 8x/4x/32x on my current computer, and my sister would like to keep it when I give it to her.

The CD/DVD drive on my new computer is going to be a Toshiba 16x DVD/48x CD-ROM drive.

I've heard a bunch of good things about the Plextor 16x/10x/40x. I've also seen the Yamaha 16x/10x/40x and heard good things about that one as well. So which one? I personally am leaning toward Yamaha, but I want some feedback from others if they don't mind.

Thanks!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Darren Wilson

Plextor all the way.

The Yamaha 16x I used made more coasters than good cd's, whilst the Plextor on the Plextor on the same system 100% success.

I am using a Yamaha 16x (SCSI) and it is working perfectly, I have had it three months
    and it is rocking, you do need latest software versions with this drive though, if you check their website you will find they are just releaseing a 20x.I hav'nt used the Plextor personally, but I am sure as Darren says it to is a good drive.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Thumbs up

The Plextor Drive is Awesome
    But if you low on Cash go on the Yamaha or Teac Burners
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

splint

I install Plextor when the customer has the budget for it, but I would not spend the extra money myself . I have had good success with many OEM Drives . The most important consideration for me is the software . You can't beat easy CD with Direct CD . I installed LG Gold 12x 8x 32x Drives in the last four computers I built [3 of them high end computers] and all 4 customers are very happy with the drives . I would rather my customers spend the extra money on Ram, better Hard Drive ect.

I will never recommend anything but Plextor. Never had one problem. I have had nothing but problems with my HP 9100 & 7200. I won't buy an HP again.

Thanks for all the help...I think I'll probably buy Plextor. I would have probably done so anyway, but you never know...best to find out first.

Thanks again!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields