USB Driver NTKERN.VXD HELP!!

Thread: USB Driver NTKERN.VXD HELP!!

Red face USB Driver NTKERN.VXD HELP!!

Please help...I have an internal USB port on a Tyan sb mobo and cannot get rid of the error message NTKERN.VXD device loader could not load the driver. I think I have tried everything imaginable....running Win98/ Cel366. I have tried reloading the cab files from win98 se and fe, deleting the usb from the system and letting WIN reload all to no avail...

Had the same error installing Fuji camera on a 98 first edition machine. Reformat, install 98 SE, re-install camera, no problem.

I've had the same problem before. I fixed it by installing the INF patch file. the motherboard had a VIA chipset, so I installed the 4-in-1 and it worked. I'm not sure if you've tried this. You can go to the windrivers main page and click on the link for Bus Mastering.
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

CobraTekMax

Also, get the VIA USB filter from www.viahardware.com. It's NOT part of the 4-in-1 drivers. I've never seen a Via USB controller work without this installed.

I had the same problem about a week ago. I did some looking and found out about using the Win98 1st ed. files in place of the Win 98se files. I couldn't find a Win 1st ed. disk so I used a 98 Upgrade disk. It worked. I don't know if the files are different or if it will solve your problem, but thats what happened to me.

Good luck
    Indeterminism. There's nothing you can do about it.

Win98se does not install some vxd files in your system directory by default, you have to add them manually. Use system file checker to extract these files.

• VXD's to extract;
    • vcomm.vxd
    • vdmad.vxd
    • configmg.vxd
    • vdd.vxd
    • vmouse.vxd
    • ntkern.vxd
    • vflatd.vxd

Extract these files to both Windows\system, and Windows\system\vmm32 directories... This should take care of the problem.
    "More Than Merely Names"
    "NEVER FORGOTTEN"