[RESOLVED] NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (Code 2.

Thread: [RESOLVED] NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (Code 2.

ChadWilliams

Exclamation NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (Code 2.

I purchased a PCI USB Dual Port P/N:234490 from CompUSA:
    USB 2 Port PCI Card
    Manufacturer: FMI
    Mfg Part #: 10190276
    CompUSA SKU: 234490

and upon installing the card I get the following error in the device manager:

USB Root Hub Properties
    NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (Code 2.)

I am running Windows 98 on a Gateway P5-90 XL.

I have the full version of 98 on CD, not an upgrade, and I was using the correct path of D:\Win98. One of my problems may be that the Win98 that I have on my computer is an older version of the one I have on CD.
    I borrowed this 98 CD from work so I could get the drivers for this USB.

sly69

Arrow

If you check system files you might find that ntkern.vxd is not there. if this is the case then extract it from the cab files of the disk you have, or check C:\windows\options\cabs. win98se has the file here.

Easy way, Start\Programs\Accessiories\System tools\system information\tools\system file checker

Extract\ ntkern.vxd to windows\system
    2 (two) other files you might want to extract are vflatd.vxd & vdd.vxd these are not extracted by windows setup for some reason..

This should take care of it......

[This message has been edited by sly69 (edited February 02, 2001).]