[RESOLVED] USN Controller Problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] USN Controller Problems

Ven Halcyon

Question USN Controller Problems

Okay,

I just bought a PCI to USB UC-110 card, which is MAC and PC compatible.

I'm running on WIN98.

After installing said card into my machine, i got a basic code 10 error (device not working properly, drivers not instalkeld correctly etc.). So, i tried to put it into a different PCI slot on Machine, same problems. Now the only driver i have for the USB controller is the win98 USB controller dirver, the card did not have it's own set of drivers.

Now, the main problem i have is that there is no manufcaturer name on the box for this card (i'm working on finding out who exactly made it). Does anyone know of any general drivers for USB controllers that can be used on Win98? Or does anyone have any other suggestion they could make?

Much Thanks.

~~Nathan

Ven Halcyon

Lightbulb

that should of course say USB* in the title, sorry, hehe.

Not an uncommon pronlem, ahem problem

Dear Nathan,

USB is better known, mind you USN is also cool, you might just be setting a precedent here without evee realising it.

Congratulations on having bought a PCI to USB UC-110 card, which is MAC and PC compatible just in case you need a change from running on WIN98.

After installing said card into your machine, you got a basic code 10 error (device not working properly, drivers not installedd correctly etc.). I must commend you on using your initiative to put it into a different PCI slot on Machine, same problems, oh dear. Now the only driver you have for the USB controller is the Win98 USB controller driver as the card did not have its own set of drivers.

Now, the main problem I have is that there is no manufcaturer name on the box for this card (I'm working on finding out who exactly made it). Now whoever would not put their manufacturer name on the box unless its a pirate part, have you checked with the place you bought it from who their suppliers are? Theoretically any general drivers for USB controllers can be used on Win98 although this could be trickier as you progress to later versions, as well as costlier, however practically these devices may not be compatable due to program modifications and specifications pertaining to designated compatable accessories, bit unfair of you ask me isn't it? So the only suggestions I can make is that you hang in there and see if anyone else may or may not take time to address your query or try whatever serch engines or help features relevant to subject you can consult as I'm sure yours is not the first or the last query with regards hereto as such.. Why you may ask me by now with tears in your eyes. When selecting and ensuring it is recognised by Windows, see note in dialog box that says driver is digitally signed. This means that as according to help. info. hardware products that display the Designed for Windows logo have been tested to verify compatibility with Windows. However, you can install even if these aren't digitally signed. Also refer to sites re. to finding drivers such as www.WinDrivers.com, just kidding, I did say such as didn't I?

Yours truely,

Hercolena