Firewire, EditDV, Win98SE

Thread: Firewire, EditDV, Win98SE

Red face Firewire, EditDV, Win98SE

I am working on a clone built machine that is based on a Gigabyte BX2000 mobo with a BIOS version of V.f7. It has a Pentium II 350MHz CPU with 192Mb RAM and Windows98 SE with the OHCI update from Microsoft for the Firewire card. The computer sees the card and the Sony Handycam DCR-TRV120 camcorder. The problem lies with the EditDV software. When you go to capture from the camcorder, the program returns a 'Result code '3103'': Error occurred while reading a component from the project. This computer and software was working fine on Windows ME, but we went back to SE due to the fact that ME ****ed up on everything else. Such irony. I have searched Digital Origin's FAQ and have tried the patches and their suggestions, and nothing has helped. I have to have the strange problems. You probably remember my problem with my personal machine and USB data corruption, I think I have figured it out, and will let you know how that goes. TIA - JaH

EditDV ???
    Dono this one........
    Did you try Premier 6 or Ulead 6 ?
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>