HI Everyone,

I have updated Win98 from 1st to second edition and I am starting to regret it. Who said that Win98SE had increased support for USB? The only support I'm getting for USB is from other websites!
Anyway, every time I plug in my scanner or my digital camera I get the following error message:
"A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:/FFO 3E2E8 in VXD USB Hub (05) + 00000A88. The current application will be terminated."

This didn't happen under 1st Edition. I'm sorry to say I uninstalled the replacement files. I'm lead to believe this glitch is common. Does anybody know where I can get the updated drivers for USB?

Thanks,
Mintin
[email protected]

HI EVERYONE,

THIS PROBLEM WAS SOLVED. I added a usb driver from my Win95 start-up disk. (Intregrated Controller UATA Files for Win 95) This evidently enough to reset whatever the previous problem was. After I did this the scanner and camera worked perfectly. I have since removed and reinstalled the correct Win98 drivers from the CDROM.
A friend said that I evidently has a "ghost" driver installed. This was enough to confuse the machine and cause the computer to crash.
Thanks,
Mintin