[RESOLVED] CTX intigrated USB

Thread: [RESOLVED] CTX intigrated USB

nathanmorris

Cool CTX intigrated USB

just got my hands on a CTX laptop! Awsome I know! Price was right. Anyway, Reformatted, reinstalled win98 most of the drivers I got from this website. The only difficulty that I am having is with this damn USB port. Device manager shows
    Compaq PCI to USB open host controller
    unknown device
    USB Root hub

Looked on Cnet only found monitor drivers, tried restore cd nothing there, looked on this site, no luck. It's gotta be something stupid. My Bios doesn't read a USB port.It's like Windows recognizes the USB port cause when I delete the unknown device it just reloads the default driver. I am not a tech by anymeans.

You didn't mention which model but try these (I went as many layers as I could without more info) links.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

nathanmorris

the model is 700g the drivers you posted I'll save to disk and use if ever I have a problem. I don't see a USB driver. there the sound driver, modem, pcmcia. Thanks for your effort. I still don't understand how windrivers does it. I mean you guys ask for nothing is return.

Originally posted by nathanmorris:
    the model is 700g the drivers you posted I'll save to disk and use if ever I have a problem. I don't see a USB driver. there the sound driver, modem, pcmcia. Thanks for your effort. I still don't understand how windrivers does it. I mean you guys ask for nothing is return.
    I can use all the good Karma you can send my way....can't ever have too much...LOL
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."