Hello, I have an AMD K6 233Mhz IBM Aptiva 2137 E34 computer with 32megs of RAM. Im running Winblowz (hehe) 95 Version 4.00.950B.

The primary IDE controller has a Quantum Bigfoot CY43...4.3 gig HD set as master, with no slave device (dunno if it supports Ultra DMA)(firmware revision is A03).

The secondary IDE controller has an EIDE CDROM 24X/AKOx (dunno the brand name) (originally set as slave on the secondary IDE controller but now set as master) and a Pacific Digital 226ei (2X2X6) CD-RW (aka Philips 3600 series) set as slave.

I get the following 2 errors when I use NTI CD Maker Software:
1. Drive Not Ready
2. Invalid Key Parameter List

Originally i got the following 2 errors when i use Adapteks EZ CD Pro(before installing the upgrade):
1. Toolkit or virtual CD error Code 112-00-00-00
2. CD writer error Code 244-00-00-00

Now I get the following errors with Adapteks EZ CD Pro (after upgrade):
1. I/O error - Command error - invalid field in CDB
2. Error reported by output device

So far ive upgraded my aspi drivers. I disabled bus mastering in the BIOS and that did not work. I deleted the Ali Bus Master Driver (alihdd.inf) in the C:\Windows\Inf FOLDER, then removed the Ali Bus Master Controller in the Device Manager and rebooted. This deleted the bus master controller and windows made a new (never seen before) Standard Dual PCI IDE controller and made the primary and secondary IDE controllers into single fifo controllers....however they had the yellow exclamation points (and my CDROM was not in the device manager) so i put the file back in the folder....deleted the dual ide controller and rebooted, and now my system is back to factory settings.

Furthermore, the led light on the CD-RW drive stays on continuously when there is a blank CD inside, even when i the cd mastering sofware is not in use.

So far I havent burnt any CDs yet (I bought the CD-RW recently)...I cant even copy files from my HD to a CD. I was told by tech support at Pacific Digital that i needed to remove the Ali Bus Master Controllers. How can i do this successfully? Can NE1 help. Thanx

[This message has been edited by confewshz (edited July 29, 1999).]