[RESOLVED] HP Certification & Training in the UK?

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP Certification & Training in the UK?

Liverpool Fool

Resolved [RESOLVED] HP Certification & Training in the UK?

Hi Folks...

Can anyone recommend a training company in the UK? I'm wanting to put one of our techs on a 'proper' course for HP lasers.

HP don't seem to have such a course listed and I've not had a reply back from them yet.

So any recommendations welcome.

I've had exactly the same problem. I've been working with HP printers for about 12 months now as an extra job assignment alongside my MCSE studies (strange combination I know). So far all of my knowledge is self taught, through stripping and reassembling HP printers at work (sometimes putting them back in a worse state than they started, but NOT often). I did find a couple of 1 day basic courses for HP Laserjet Fundamentals by searchingm and I mean searching through the HP pages. However, when I finally managed to find a 'course content' type list all of the things really were fundamental. Even down to clearing paper jams and changing toner. Our users can manage this! The courses were approx. £85 each. If I had the spare cash I'd do the courses because it's something else for the CV and I know they would be easily passable. If I can dig out the info I'll let you know. Got to go now though we're down on staff at the moment!

Ok this is what little I know about hp certification. We are an authorized service support for HP. You have to take the tests online and can take up to three a day. Training cost vary from $10.50-$260 (or atleast that was the most expensive so far that I've seen, prices are in U.S.). The link I go through is: http://www.partner.americas.hp.com/
    You should hopefully find more info out their. Also I found this link to be a HP Certified It Professional in one of my books, not sure if this will help or not, but the link is: www.hp.com/education/certification/structure.html
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.