ahhh, its time for 70-240!

Thread: ahhh, its time for 70-240!

Post ahhh, its time for 70-240!

alright where are all those who are about to take the dreaded 70-240. my test date is Dec. 15 and i'd say i'm stressing over it. the good news is i keep hearing more and more people passing this exam, so at least that gives me some confidence. as for the material i'm using: Fravo.com, techskills testprep, windows 2000 accelerated training kit and lots and lots of practise tests. well, good luck to those who are about to take it. i'm off to study!
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

Monday the 10th is the day for me. It's going to be a loooong weekend...

Good luck everyone!
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. - David St. Hubbins

good luck j-man and tell us how you did. what study material have you been using?

Hi Todo,

I've been using the Coriolis Exam Prep for Windows 2000 Accelerated, MS MOC 1560 Updating Support Skills from NT to W2K, Coriolis ExamCram for 70-216, Transcender 70-216 and 70-217, Boson software for 70-240 and a couple of brain dumps.

I'm nervous because I started studying months ago then decided to take SQL Server admin exam instead. Last month, I said WTH and decided to take 70-240. If I fail, I still have all the materials to take the individual exams.... except for the cash

I really think the worst part is the length of the exam. When I took the beta exam for supporting NT4 in a win2K network I damn near started crawling the walls 2 1/2 hours into the test (it was 110 questions, 3 or 4 hour time limit). Fortunately each of the four sections are split up with about 25 questions per section.

OK. I'm done.

Good luck. I'll post back monday evening after I get home from the bar....

2000tutor.com, i'm not on the same track as you guys are, but i use these guys for my study skills kinda like the windrivers forum, but on this one they have pre-tests, that help you out and the tell you the correct answer and why thru a mircosoft answer...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

I am scheduled to take mine tomorrow...

I have been really happy with <a href="http://www.2000exams.com/" target="_blank">http://www.2000exams.com/</a>

I also have a bunch of really good questions here:
    <a href="http://www.mattlowe.com/dump.htm" target="_blank">www.mattlowe.com/dump.htm</a>

One really nice thing about mine is that you CAN'T see the answers!!! They are there, just in white so all you have to do is highlight the line that says answer and you can see em.

It really annoys me when I can see the answer, cause I can't keep myself from looking at it...
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

I didn't make it... I wish MS would let you know what you scored in each portion.

It took me a little over three hours and I happened to get Server first, then Infrastructure, Directory Services and lastly Professional. There were many multiple exhibit questions but only a few drag and drop. I got lots of questions on GPOs, Certificates, Routing, name resolution and "your server doesn't start anymore, what do you do?"

I found Server and Professional to be fairly easy. I have a hunch that Infrastructure was the one that sunk me... that and the 3 hours of just sitting there reading question after question ...

Overall the exam is very passable though.

Oh well. On to the individual exams

Good luck everyone and let us know how it turns out

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just passed it. Woooo hoooo.

Look at the questions that I posted above at my site. Some of them were on the test.

I was sure that I had failed by the time I was finished...

The lady at the testing center said that less than 1 in 10 walk out passed...
    The guy who was taking it at the same time as me failed when I was about 1/2 way done...
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

tcpipdns

Congrats ShadowKing!
    I am gonna use the site you listed.
    Anything else on the test that is not on the site you remember?

Thumbs up

Great job!! Congrats!!

Yep.

Know what Movetree is and when to use it. (When moving active directory objects between domains)

Know about RAS and Routing. I had 3 questions that basically said "Here is the routing table for your workstation. What is the problem..."

That kind of stuff...
    Matt

congrats ShadowKing! I've been studying from <a href="http://www.2000exams.com" target="_blank">www.2000exams.com</a> as well. I'll have to take a look at the other web site.
    sorry j-man. good luck with the individual exams.
    I'll let you all know how I did after this Saturday.

Unhappy

Well i just got back from my exam. I didn't pass, it was difficult, especially the Network Infrastruture section.
    This is the way I got the exam:
    Pro 24 questions
    Server 29 questions
    Active Directory 22 questions
    Network Infrastructure 22 questions

Well I guess onto the individual exams.