Network+
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Network+

Question Network+

I have my A+ and am looking for the next certification to get. I'm wondering if the Network+ is worth it, or should I start on the MCSE?

------------------
    -- What? No more Jolt!?!?
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

cc_penguin

Personnally, I would skip the Network+. It doenst mean that much around here, dont know about where you are from(hope that makes since). Good luck...........

UsePost2000

skip
    ccna is much better.
    you can almost fly through nplus if you pass ccna.
    but thats only what i have heard.
    i dont have the money to throw away on a non useful cert.
    wish i did though, id be a tech god..lol

------------------
    UsePost
    A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA

CiscoGuy

I was thinking of taking this, simply as something else to put on my resume. I've looked over the books, and taken a couple practice tests, I think I could take this one dry.

Truthfully, I don't think it will help my career much, but it can't hurt.

supatech

I have my A+ and NET+, the A+ test was a joke the netplus was a little harder so in my opinion it qualifies as a better cert. Now It isn't something you should really should have to study for it is really almost like the net essentials. Good cert though

no guarantee that it will get you more money. I could never hurt to get as many certs as you can

------------------
    A+ Net+ MCP

Murphy's law of computing

When you reach the point at which you really understand your computer, the chances are it’s obsolete.

Net+ is really just extra fluff when it comes to certifications. Of course, it looks good on a resume, that you have more certifications, but in relation to MCSE, MCP, etc., it is not something that is necessary.

On the other hand, I'm A+ certified and plan on taking Net+ next week. The more certs the better.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

Net+ is a good idea for this reason and this reason only: you are going for a job and there are 2 candidates(you and Bob) for a position. Both of your resumes look the same and you both interviewed well. They are having a tough time deciding on who to hire. But you have you Net+ and Bob doesn't because he skipped it. You get the job and Bob gets the the W9 form. Think about it...hehe
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

MCSE can be somewhat difficult now with Win2K. If you have no prior NT4, or networking basic experience, you can get lost, or frustrated in MCSE.

If you're planning to get your MCSE, Net+ can be a good prep class for you.

Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!

When looking at certifications, think of it this way.

1. Do you have the experience to back it up:
    Yes. Goto 3
    No. Goto 2

2. Focus on the more desired certifications, as you will be reliant on these to be considered - Cisco and MCSE 2000

3. With experience ANY certification is good. In the tech field your resume can be 1 page with less than 5 years experience, and 2-3 with more - the only exception is certifications and letters of reccomendation = you can always attach those regardless of the size of your resume.

Any cert is a good certification, especially if you can pass it dry - it gives you more to seperate you from the pack.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

3fingersalute

A local school is running a $600 class will prepare you for the A+ and the NET+

It is an 80 hour course, and I know that A+ will be a cinch, but I think I will just get a god study guide to prepare for the NET+, rather than wasting the $$!

Question

Has anyone taken the Network+ exam and if so, was it as hard as the course objectives appear to be. I heard that you have to make at least an 82% to pass, pretty steep shicto!! Let me know on what to concentrate on.

Cool

DUDE!!! Do the Network+! I just interviewed with a company Tuesday where the manager suggested going to Network+ as my next step in my pursuits.

If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Exclamation

Can someone give me details to the question I just asked 2 up ago. I need details please! I'm taking it in 2 wks.

Go to CompTIA for info about the test
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/index.htm

PizzaMan

Unhappy

That's not exactly the kind of info I wanted. I wanted to know how hard it was since it takes an 82% to pass. I am studying CCNA and I would like to have a ball park idea of what I am up against here. By the way I have taken many online practice tests for this and I have found many answers that conflict with one another. Watch out!