MCP + Internet /MCP + Site Builder

Thread: MCP + Internet /MCP + Site Builder

Arrow MCP + Internet /MCP + Site Builder

Does anyone out there currently have either of these two certifications? I'm looking to find how more information on them. Which classes to take, how hard are the test, etc..

Thanks.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Random thoughts:

For the most part MS's exams are hard to fail "if you are well prepared" - they are difficult to do really really well on, but hard to fail. Do the prep work, and you will have to be really unlucky on the draw of questions not to succeed.

The Sybex series of study guides are very good - I would check out New Rider's IIS4 book over the Sybex one though.

The Que/New Riders exam-cram books are good for question drill practice, as well as for learning a lot of the quirky bits of trivia that often pop up on the exams.

Network Essentials is a beast (for anyone except really experienced techs/administrators) if you attempt if attempt it first. But it is a joke if you schedule it as the last of your exams.

The SQL exams are hard, and I have never met anyone who has expressed a different opinion on this point.

If you have a good solid tech background, are motivated and disciplined, and are willing to put in the time necessary, there is no reason to take any courses (unless they are with a program which provides co-op work experience which is excellent for getting a start in a new career direction). Go over the material. When you are done, spend a week of intensive review and cramming before the exam and only the worst of luck will prevent you from passing.

A good general starting point for NT stuff is the Sybex SITE book - very well done - but don't do the SITE exam first!!! It is a strange one.

Hope this helps.