A+ Certification

Thread: A+ Certification

Lightbulb A+ Certification

I plan to eventually take my A+ test but I was wondering what this test really would mean to a employer and is it worth my time? Right now I am only 18, but I have a great deal of knowledge about both hardware and software going back to to the time before 286's. Also is there any other tests that I should take? Any comments would be very helpful.
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

The A+ Certification probably won't do much for your knowledge, but I think it makes a significant difference on a resume. Case in point: I applied for a job a few months ago at the local county courthouse. I didn't have my A+ yet, but I felt that I was easily qualified for the job. I didn't even get an interview! Two weeks ago, I applied for a job at our local two-year college (North Idaho college). I had my A+ on my resume... I got an interview and the next day I got the job!

Having certifications on your resume may not necessarily give you an edge in knowledge, but employers look for certain certifications as way of narrowing down the applicants.

------------------
    Steve Taylor - Service Manager
    Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"