Why down on certification??

Thread: Why down on certification??

Question Why down on certification??

When I posted a message today on alt.certification.mcse stating that I passed NT Server, some jackass shot me down. Why is everyone suddenly down on MCSE certification?

------------------

Think good thoughts.
    Chris Roberts
    MCSE, MCP+I
    Montgomery, AL

crazyman

Cool

maybe they are jealous,because I am proud of my A+ cert,but I fore sure respect MCSE certs.

hi_tek

Thumbs up

I don't know... It could be jealousy or maybe they are bitter about the mcse's who don't have any or little experience... Like myself... I just earned my mcse a few weeks ago and I only have about 6 months of IT experience.... I am hoping this will help me get my foot in the door so I can gain some experience.

tgratzer

Cool

I'll tell you why MCSE isn't respected as much as it use to be....there are a gazillion websites on the internet with cheat questions and ?'s from the test. Hurry up and get your 2000 cert before all of the cheat sites come out...then you'll have some respect to go along with that cert for a while.....don't get me wrong though I have some respect for you and I would like to have mine

------------------
    I am a bomb technician, if you see me running try and keep up

tiredtech

Thumbs up

Congratulations! I want MCSE certification too. With it you can get a very good paying job. How does 50K sound?

Red face

These people assume that the release of Win2k(nt5) has made NT4 obsolete...they, obviously, are very wrong. Either that, or they just like shooting people who aren't asking/answering questions down.

Congratulations on the cert!
    BreakWindows
    God told me to skin you alive..

Jealousy!

Getting certs is not the most difficult challenge in the world, but it does require some self-application and some academic aptitude. Not everyone can fulfill these requirements.

It is obvious that one can be a highly skilled network administrator without holding any certs. It is equally obvious that one can hold certs and be a total goof. Unfortunately, the suits (management) understand certs; they are not generally capable of discerning skill, though. People without certs, especially people who know their very real level of skill, can get bitter when they are overlooked for someone with less experience and less skill simply because that person has an MS lapel pin. Yet often these same bitter people cannot muster the time and effort to become certified.

Most people I know with certs, long-time working professionals, don't advertise the fact. MCSEs with attitudes don't seem to last long anywhere and are generally not well liked.

Be quietly proud of your accomplishment. You know for yourself what was involved in obtaining it. Ignore the flak.