I was just wondering how common this is....One of the last places I worked, I was hired through a recruiter to work a (probably) temp position at place that refurbed machines for online auction or other forms of resale. The day after I started there, another guy (from the same recruiter) started in the same area as I was assigned. This other guy had his A+ certification and was studying for others, I myself have no certifications whatsoever. It became obvious to me within the first day of working with this guy, that he had absolutely no clue how to do anything with a computer, couldn't even extract a ZIP file, let alone understanding file structure or installing a simple driver. Needless to say, with his certification, he ended up being a gopher (comparing lists of stock to inventory, etc) while I moved on to become the server technician as well as the "Goto guy" (everyone came to me with their problems).

I was just curious how common this is, as it wasn't the only time I had experienced something like this.