[RESOLVED] Brainbench.com Certifications

Thread: [RESOLVED] Brainbench.com Certifications

lrnarabic

Question Brainbench.com Certifications

I am ready (I hope) for the MCP (NT 4.0) exam, but I am broke (contractor between contracts) and from what I understand the Microsoft exam will not be offered after 01/01. Therefore, I was thinking about taking the Brainbench exam for NT 4.0. Is it worth it? How popular with employers is this Brainbench certification?

Thanks

carrienscott

Thumbs down

Well I have seven of these certs... They are not only easy but they have gotten me nothing... Often over looked as if to say I was a joke. Now I am A+, MCP, and CNE certified so I get the attention I deserve appling for a job. I guess what I am saying is don't waste your time. Sorry

------------------
    It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

lrnarabic

Thanks!

Cool

I've also taken a bunch of these "certifications". They are kind of easy but it seems like a good idea to gauge your skill for a particular app. They haven't gotten me anything either and I'm not sure I'd put them on a resume but if you have nothing better to do and don't have access to regular certs then it's a decent resource. At least until they start charging for it.

------------------
    "Life is hard...But its harder if you're stupid!"
    John Wayne
    "Life is hard...But its harder if you're stupid!"
    John Wayne

iateyourcat

Exclamation

microsoft has extended 3 of the core tests through february due to high demand. so, you should be able to take your NT4 test.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

lrnarabic

Thumbs up

Great - Thanks for the info,!

rscos

check out www.certificationhelp.com - there are loads of sample questions on there, a lot of which came up in my exams exactly. Don't be disheartened if you fail first time, quite often the exams are a shock - just go back and cram some more. remember, you only need the 3 mcp exams to update to win2k: server, workstation and server enterprise - and i advise you to do them in that order.
    good luck!
    --rscos (mcp)

lrnarabic

Thanks!

jimmr13

Cool

I have a few contracts and I was ask by one of the companys tto help with employment interviews for there IT Dept. I personally interviewed 12 people for the 3 openings, I recomended 5 for the final interview with Mr.S.Bell, The IT director, He hired 2MCSE's and 1 CNE,MCP. Wouldn't event accept the Brainbench or any other as real Certs. Event though They where my #1 & #2 picks.
    Just some info to pass along.....

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

lrnarabic

Thanks!

mrducks

Which Certification companies do the IT interviewers rate the highest? I mean as far as being a really good indicator of a Tech's level of training and knowledge.

------------------
    "I Love Cats......
    .......They Taste Just Like Chicken"

iateyourcat

your company certifications are what's looked at; mcse, ccna, cne, and ase.. speaking of ase, i wonder when Dell is going to get around to certification/training.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

lrnarabic

Lightbulb

I just received a job offer and I was told that my A+ cert. was mandatory for the position and that I would need to be Dell certified shortly after starting.