time to get certified but which one?

Thread: time to get certified but which one?

Post time to get certified but which one?

I think its time I got certified I have read all the posts and I think that the A+ cert is the one I want to start with but I hear its changing. Is it worth taking it now or buying win 2k and learning that, or is there a new better track giving value for money (which i dont have alot of )any comments greatfuly recd.
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

Unless you are already prepared to take the A+ in its present form, you will most likely end up taking the new revision. The current A+ exam is ending at the end of January. People that have already passed one of the two section will be allowed a grace period till the end of March, if I remember correctly, to pass their second test. Assuming you are not prepared to take the A+ exam immediately, I would wait and take the new revision. I think the new revision will have more credibility since it will no longer include Windows 3.x. It will also no longer include DOS (well, sort of). DOS will not be covered in detail, but since DOS windows are in 95/98, expect to see a few questions about DOS commands.

------------------
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Superb info thanks, I will wait for the new revision. In the mean time I will learn win2K as i will need that anyway for other exams

[This message has been edited by stupot71 (edited January 16, 2001).]
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

Check the http://www.comptia.com/ website
    for info on a+ and network+ plus some others

------------------
    I've got dreams that aren't paid for

[This message has been edited by crtlaltdel (edited January 16, 2001).]
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

Kathy2you

Question

Dos won't be covered? I will still keep reading the dos for dummies book in case. Is Win2000 suppose to be in the new exam? Because this is what I have heard.

Thanks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kathy2you:
    Dos won't be covered? I will still keep reading the dos for dummies book in case. . .

Thanks
    </font>
    Yes and no. Since DOS windows are a part of 95 and 98, and they are on the exam, expect to see simple command oriented questions concerning DOS. For example, how to copy a file in DOS. Don't expect to see in depth questions concerning the DOS memory map.

Everything you need is at http://www.comptia.com/

------------------