[RESOLVED] CCNA

Thread: [RESOLVED] CCNA

cc_penguin

Wink CCNA

Hey I am going for my CCNA on the 12. I have read a few books and ordered a "train me for eintirely too much money" software packet (i know but it had some pretty good simulations in it). Any tips out there??
    Any help would be greatly app.
    A prayer or two wouldnt hurt either hehe

bnt5

Thumbs up

good luck! I am looking at taking a one week crash course for the CCNA come Jan. did you self study? How was the test?

Guys...trust me on this....TAKE A REAL COURSE!! SOmeplace certified by Cisco as a networking academy. It'll make a difference! See my sig...I'd know!

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000

cc_penguin

Aw guys thanks a million your your replies, but tuff luck for me. I took the test yesterday and no luck. I studied mostly on subnet masking cause I thought that was my downfall, guess what. I only got 2 questions reguarding sub. masking. It was mostley protocol questions. I didnt miss by much, so I should pass next time but unfortunatler I wont be able to retake until January (due to my busy schedule). Ill post again to let ya know or if you have any questions email me at (dont laugh) [email protected]. Once again thanks for your posts.

LORE

BRAIN DUMPS BRAIN DUMPS BRAIN DUMPS

They have helped me alot with my quest for my mcse.

------------------
    We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.

PizzaMan

Talking

Hey, CC_Penguin, don't feel too bad. According to the Cisco CCNA Exam Certification Guide, the test has about a 50% failure rate, and about 80% for first timers (pg. 5).

I hope that isn't the case for Cisco Net Academy students. Just tonight I finished the skills final for the 2 of 4 class in the Netacad program. After paying almost $900 per class, if it doesn't increase the pass/fail rate any higher than that, then Cisco better seriously re-evaluate the curriculum. I don't expext it to be easy, but if this is the recommended preparation, then I expect it to adequately prepare me.

Any thoughts?
    PizzaMan

cc_penguin

I would hope so. I plan to go back and hit the books really hard, (since I know what i need to brush up on and have a better Idea of what questions are asked. My problem, as always, was that I was in a rush to get certified so I could leave my "dead-end job". I feal pretty confident about taking it again,well after more studing of course. I have found some really good books out there that I beleive will help. Thanks for the posts...

iamtheman

Good luck penguin, I just nailed the CCNA myself.

------------------
    Born to Network

rscos

Talking

I'm doing the CCNA over about 2 years - going one night a week to a local college/Cisco Academy Partner - it costs about £140 per semester (4 semesters in total).
    It seems to be a good (albeit slow) way of doing it, but I'm doing that at the same time as MCSE.
    If you've done the MS Net Essentials exam, you should already know part of the CCNA syllabus.

iateyourcat

i took a class for 1 week last april and took the test that friday. got an 842. that was ccna v1.0. i've heard that v2.0 is more of a glorified network essentials test than it is a cisco test. in any event, my training and the knowledge I got was only an introduction to the complexities of internetworking. you should look at the ccna as a way to get in the door. then, once your working with the hardware, look toward ccie and don't even bother with ccnp.

also, the best study guide can be found here:
    www.troytec.com

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

Oc-768

The CISCO networking academy is great. I went through semesters 1&2 at my local community college costs me $33 dollars for first two semesters and In fall of 2001 I will enroll in the 3rd and 4th semesters.
    The best thing about the academys is they have real bonified CISCO routers in the class and I got to tear into them on a daily basis. I feel comfortable configuring most of CISCO's products now. (IOS v.11 & IOS v.12) Good luck to you when you take it again.