How much can an MCSE earn?

Thread: How much can an MCSE earn?

Hybrid View

Post How much can an MCSE earn?

I am interested to know how much money an MCSE in London can earns in a year. I am wanting to get my MCSE certificate and then travel to London to find work (Im in Australia at the moment) but want to know much your typical MCSE earns. I plan on forking out some dollars for an MCSE course but am interested to know what returns I might expect?

Jallentino

Well, you can earn whatever the market bears. MCSE is not like a union scale, where once you heve it, you make a certain wage. Some employers expect it, some don't know what it is. Bottom line is, it can getyour foot in the door, but it won't guarantee big bucks. I work with 2 MCSE's and I make quite a bit mroe than them. I did get my A+ though, just to see if I could pass it.

------------------
    "You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle dixie ?"

So what you are saying is that even with the piece of paper from Microsoft, it really comes down to practical knowledge. Have you been in the industry longer than the MCSE's you have worked with, if so, how long have you been working IT? What other certificates compliment the MCSE and are worth getting also?

jimmr13

Cool

That all Depends on the company you find employment with, But I have a friend who with a college degree BSCS could not find a good job! Then he got his MCSE and the same company that told him 9 months prior no job, offered him $70,000 a year + 401k, health, dential, vision, profit sharing, and stock options. So it's all in where you are, the demand, and the Company. Also have a friend with no certs who is a System Admin. at $65.000 a year, But he has 12 years exp.
    As for me? I have my MCSE-4.0, MCSE-2000, MCP, CNE, CompTIA A+, Net+, Inet+. also my BSCS & MSCS.
    The more you know the more experance you have the more you are worth ! Good Luck !!
    People tend to hire someone that is friendly, open, easy to talk to, So just relax. you'll find something!
    ------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

[This message has been edited by jimmr13 (edited January 24, 2001).]

If you can make a good impression at interview, you can get a job. If you ask about salary at interview, you give the impression that you are only interested in the money. If an interviewer doesn't say anything about salary at the interview, then it either sucks or they aren't going to offer you the job anyway.

In actuality, I have seen MCSE jobs advertised for London at £14K to £35K.

------------------
    Have you tried reading the manual?
    What does this button do?

How about checking ads for mcse's in that area or some salary surveys

------------------
    I'm on the right track but the wrong train...or is it the right train but wrong track ?
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

SiCkNuT

You should look at job recruiting websites in the UK similar to what we have here in Australia.

------------------
    [ i N S A N i T Y 2 0 o 1 ]

rscos

check out www.jobsite.co.uk and www.jobserve.com - those are pretty much the main ones.

As an MCSE in the UK you can be looking at between £15k and £25k with little or no experience. Generally, add a bit on for London. Other areas to look at are the M4 corridor (Reading/Bracknell/Swindon) and possibly Bristol - but don't go any further into the southwest than that.

Good luck

------------------
    rscos (MCP)
    "Sometimes, I think the gene pool could have used a little chlorine."