[RESOLVED] What is the difference?

Thread: [RESOLVED] What is the difference?

Ghostfleet

Resolved [RESOLVED] What is the difference?

Hello Everyone

I am currently A+ Certified & thought that I might as well get some more certs...since A+ isnt doing JACK for me!

I would like to know, what is the differences between CompTIA's "Network+" & thier "i-Net+" certs?

Thanks for your help!

Ghostfleet

Network+ is geared more towards doing networks. Keeping them running, hardware, the different layers, cabling, OS's (although I think they lean towards MS on that). Or as CompTIA put it:
    Earning the Network+ certification means that the candidate possesses the knowledge needed to configure and install the TCP/IP client. This exam covers a wide range of vendor and product neutral networking technologies that can also serve as a prerequisite for vendor-specific IT certifications.

I-net+ is more for Internet. HTML, ftp, www, irc. Or as CompTIA put it:
    I-Net+ is a vendor-neutral, entry-level Internet certification program that tests baseline technical knowledge of Internet, Intranet and Extranet technologies, independent of specific Internet-related career roles. Learning objectives and domains examined include Internet basics, Internet clients, development, networking, security and business concepts.

------------------
    .·°Danrak°·.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Ghostfleet

Cool

AH HA!!

OK....Thanks

I will just get both

Ghostfleet

knuckledude

Call comptia and ask if they have any coupons for testing. I called and told them I was a little short on cash, the lady had a coupon sent to me for 25% off on my test!

------------------
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
    -Ferris Bueler