[RESOLVED] How hard is it to become Certified in the following fields...?

Thread: [RESOLVED] How hard is it to become Certified in the following fields...?

rblockmon

Question How hard is it to become Certified in the following fields...?

Yeah, I work for a city, and I was wondering what does it take to become Novell or/and Microsoft, A+ Certified? Right now I'm looking at A+ certification, but I want Novell and Microsoft. How much are the exams, how many are them, and how long will it take?

thanks guys
    rblockmon

iamtheman

The exams are 100 dollars each. As far as ease of getting them it basically depends on your familiarity with the NOS and how much time you feel like dedicating to technology. Essentially most good tech heads I know whether they admit it or not have dedicated their lives to their profession. You have to just to keep up with all the crap that keeps coming out.

------------------
    Born to Network

check the certification link on windrivers home page good source of info

------------------
    I'm on the right track but the wrong train...or is it the right train but wrong track ?
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

carrienscott

Cool

It depends on what level of certification... Obviously with A+ that's it no levels... It's pretty easy. Basics in techee knowledge. Now with Novell. There is CNA, CNE, Master CNE... etc.... Depending on how focused you are you can qork from CNA on up. By the way, with basic novell netware server knowledge you can pass the CNA. And finally with Micro$oft... Again if you want easy, pretty much just pick out any exam almost. Pass it and you are MCP. Now if you want more you have to pass four core tests, a core elective and 2 elective tests. Once that is over with you will be MCSE 2000. Pretty hard but well worth it.

Have fun an study a lot for the harder ones..

------------------

It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

captpackrat

A+ is a cinch. If you have any computer skills, it should be all rote by now. You might want to get a study guide and memorize some of the tables, because they do ask a few book knowledge questions (resistor color codes, and whatnot).

MCP is fairly easy, assuming you already have some experience. Pick something you already know, get a study guide and review, and bingo, you've got it.

There's a Network+ exam from CompTIA now, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a dumbed down version of some of the MCP networking tests. I believe CompTIA also has an i-Net+ test for Internet stuff, I've not looked much into it yet. They've also got a Server+ and Linux+, which I know nothing about, probably pretty easy.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

As far as the MSCE and CNE difficulty goes - with a few years experience and the exam cram books you should not have a problem, however without experience you should enroll in a course - they will teach you "the Novell" or "Microsoft" way of doing something and look better on a resume than self studing for your certs with no corrosponding experience.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010