A+ Cert. Course Materials

Thread: A+ Cert. Course Materials

Post A+ Cert. Course Materials

Ok, guys....anyone who has taken or taught an A+ class (An actual REAL class, not one of those 2 day review-cram things) I need a little help. The last class I taught, I was (much) less than impressed with the materials we used (Course Technologies), and I recommended a new textbook/toolkit package to the administration (From ElementK Press) which I like a lot...clear and concise. One problem....the budget department freaked over the price difference. SO I need to know if anyone out there knows of any GOOD A+ textbooks that are out there. Preferable ones that can come in a kit from the publisher (You know, with the cute little Belkin tool set, and mabye even a multimeter?).

To head off some of the suggestions, I am NOT looking for an exam review book, or a "Dummies" book, or something from ExamCram. I need an actual textbook, so these guys can actually learn about hardware.Yes, I'm very serious about graduating people who can not only take the A+ Exams, but can also work as actual technicians...I've done it before.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000

captpackrat

Lightbulb

Try the A+ Study Guides from Sybex. They seemed pretty useful.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

captpackrat

Lightbulb

You might also want to consider Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs, published by Que, or Stephen Bigelow's Troubleshooting, Maintaining & Repairing PCs, published by McGraw Hill.

These books are not specific to the A+ exam, but offer information far above and beyond that which is required for the A+.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

jarekula

yep the you are right. that textbook is the best. Make sure that you gone get the latest edition. GOOD LOCK!

I work as a subcontractor for a Tech service out of Maryland teaching A+. They gave me a 'kit' that had 4 books in it, two for the Core and two for the OS. They are good, though they tend to skip around if you read them sequentially.

This kit comes with a multimeter and a small tool kit as well for the students. It is from:

ComputerPREP, INC
    410 North 44th St
    Suite 600
    Phoenix, AZ 85008

Check it out, maybe they'll give you a better price.

*lin*

------------------
    *Life 1.0 is broke, 2.0 needs patched, and 3.0 isn't due out for 6 months. *sigh*
    I actually voted for John Kerry, before I voted against him.