[RESOLVED] Questions

Thread: [RESOLVED] Questions

Kuro

Post Questions

Well I have some questions that I hope you can answer for me:

What is the Accelerated Exam?
    What is the difference between the Accelerated Exam and the standard exams?
    Why would you take the Accelerated exam over the standard exam?
    How many exams do you have to take to become mcse certified?
    How long on average would it take to become mcse certified?
    What are the best study guides on the market to help you become mcse certified?
    What should you learn after you become mcse certified?

I hope you can answer these questions for me

Regards

Jon

computertechgirl

What is the Accelerated Exam?
    -I don't think I've ever heard of an accelerated exam, there are accelerated classes for those who don't need training in the more basic aspects of the course. There are "short" exams...

What is the difference between the Accelerated Exam and the standard exams?
    -If you mean the "short" exam, it is a fixed-length exam and it is shorter than other tests.

Why would you take the Accelerated exam over the standard exam?
    -You don't get to choose.

How many exams do you have to take to become mcse certified?
    -Seven. The four "Core" tests, and three "Electives"

How long on average would it take to become mcse certified?
    -Depends greatly on your previous experience. I've been a hardware tech for three years, two of which I've worked with the more basic aspects of networking. I am currently reading the Exam Prep books for the Core exam, then I will head off to MCSE training (8hrs a day M-F). I am hoping to be certified in two or three months.

What are the best study guides on the market to help you become mcse certified?
    -I spent about an hour in the MCSE department of a local bookstore looking at each and every book package on the shelves for the four core exams. They are all set up differently and have very different teaching styles. I'd choose one with a lot of practice questions, an exam simulator on CD-Rom, and some "Real Life" type questions -sounds like you will encounter these on the exams too!

What should you learn after you become mcse certified?
    -I am planning to take on the CCNA course after MCSE to round out my network knowledge, but it all depends on what you really want to DO with your knowledge after you are certified. -Stick with what intrests you, there's nothing worse than hating what you do for a living!

Hope this helps!
    -Erica

It seems that ComputerGirl has answered all your questions so I do not have to, except i will expand on the What's next question with a brief primer on the field:

1. If you are in this field for the money - don't bother - the field just gets harder and harder and without a lot of effort you will be left behind. Also without love for the work your interest will wane and the guy waiting in line behind you that truly loves it will get the job.

2. That said: find what you love and do it. Check the classifieds to see what's hot and try it at home. If you like databases SQL is hot!, Java, Cisco, Linux, Webmaster, Exchange, more and more, but do what you like, not what brings in the cash, get good at it and be happy and the money will come.

3. Check the job sites, check techies.com, brainbench.com and see what they say, read every scrap of field related news and info you can and find what you want to do.

4. Actually do it. If you are not now in a position that allows you to work on NT workstations and servers, build one at home.

5. Once again - love it. Those stories that you read about the guy who was offered a $200k ferrari as a signing bonus are true, but they would be doing the work, even if they did not get paid for it.

I am sorry to rant, but this message is intended for anyone with questions, not neccessarily you.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

iateyourcat

i think you need some clarification on what the accelerated exam is. the accelerated exam if for people who are already mcses. it combines the 4 core tests into one "accelerated" exam and is free. you can only take this exam if you already have an mcse. otherwise, you take the 4 core tests individually and pay for them.. $100/test.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=