[RESOLVED] WHAT IS BETTER A+ or MCSE

Thread: [RESOLVED] WHAT IS BETTER A+ or MCSE

roman08226

Post WHAT IS BETTER A+ or MCSE

I was just sitting here and woundering what is better to have a+ or mcse. Can u guys explain to me what specificly you do when you get MCSE

CiscoGuy

There is a big difference between the two:

A+ covers basic hardware and software stuff.
    Almost like a computer trivia test. I found it generally easy, but be sure to study laser printing. Been a while since I took it but it used to be two tests, hardware and software, and you take them together. This is commonly thought of as the "gold standard" if you want to do hardware work. Outside of the hardware world it isn't thought of that highly. My employer payed for me to get the A+ so I could do warranty repairs.

Mcse, is a microsoft specific test of course, consists of 4 core and then 2 electives. This will take you much more time to perpare for than the A+ and wouldn't be all that advisable if you have no real world experience. There are plenty of paper mcse's in this world, don't be a statistic.

NOTE: I am not an MCSE.

The best way to do this I feel, is to work in the industry for a while, learn by doing, then let your employer pay for your training and certification. You will be happer, and more useful in the long run.

A+ = Bench Tech

MCSE = Network Admin / Engineer

HUGE Difference

A+ is not even equiv to an MCP, MCSE says (however incorrectly) that you are certified by microsoft to design and maintain a microsoft NT based network. A+ says that you understand desktop support and basic network concepts.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010