When using my new Toshiba SCSI CD-ROM XM-6401B, I frequently get an error message indicating I should re-insert the CD I'm using or that the CD is dirty and should be cleaned. This has happened while using children's edutainment CD's and while installing a software program. To recover from the error I simply hit enter and everything works fine. When I don't get this error the CD-ROM works great. Technical support suspects it may be due to the drive spinning down automatically (as controlled by the SCSI adapter), for which there is no fix (their assessment). I am unfamiliar with SCSI CD-ROM's. Is this correct? Is there another explanation? Any suggestions on corrective actions? I am running a Pentium 200 system with Win98, Adaptec AVA-1515 ISA SCSI adapter, one internal SCSI device (the CD-ROM), one external SCSI device (Zip drive). The internal IDE CD-ROM drive I previously used never had this problem and my SCSI card and ZIP drive have always worked. I appreciate any help you can provide.