Hi everyone. Just like you, I am studying for my 70-240 test. I would like to study with you. I have some test questions I would like to go over with you. Every day I will post questions to the board and expect that you will come up with the correct answer. I will do this as long as this board gets traffic. We need to stick together for we have but a short time. Thank you all and lets start.
2000 pro
1.) 1. You use a Window 2000 Professional computer to run a weekly Accounts Payable (A/P) report named AP_Financial_Reports. You also use the computer to run a task named PERF_LOGS to connect to network routers and retrieve their performance logs.

When the A/P report is running on the computer, the PERF_LOGS task stops responding and eventually times out. When you run the only PERF_LOGS task, the task completes successfully.

You use Task Manager to view your system resources as shown in the exhibit (click the exhibit button)

You want to resolve the performance log timeout problem by using Task Manager. What should you do?

A. Decrease the base priority of the AP_Financial_Reports task.
B. Decrease the number of threads available for the AP_Financial_Reports task.
C. Increase the base priority of the Perf_Logs task.
D. Increase the number of threads available for the Perf_Logs task.

Exhibit: Windows Task Manager

Apps Processes Performance

ImageName/ PID/ CPU/ MEMUsage/ PeakMemUsage/ VMSize/ BasePri/ Thread

AP_Financial_Reports 1296 96 1,600k 1,600k 524 Realtime 10
Per_Logs.exe 668 00 1,640k 1,640k 524 Normal 1

2. You are the administrator of a Windows 2000 Professional computer that is shared by several users in the Sales department. User accounts have been created for current users. Current users can log on to the computer.

To accommodate new users, you add two new user accounts named USER7 and USER8 to the computer. When USER7 attempts to log on to the computer, she receives the following error message. “Windows cannot copy file c:\documents and settings\default user to location c:\documents and settings\user7. Contact your network administrator. Detail-access is denied.” When USER8 attempts to log on to the computer, he receives the same type of error message.

You want to allow the two new users, as well as other users in the sales department, to be able to log on to the computer.

Which two methods can you use to accomplish your goal? (Choose two)

A. Add the USER7 and USER8 user accounts to the DACL for the profiles shared folder on the network server.
B. Add the USER7 and USER8 user accounts to the DACL for the c:\documents and settings\default user folder.
C. Add the Everyone group to the DACL for the c:\documents and settings/default user folder.
D. Add a Group Policy Object (GPO) for the Sales OU that redirects user profiles to a shared folder.
E. Log on by using the local administrator account and create new folders for USER7 and USER8 in the c:\documents and settings folder.
F. Select the “Allow Inheritable Permissions From Parent To Propagate To This Object” option on the c:\documents and settings\default user folder, and reset the permissions on all child objects.

2.)3. You are the administrator of your company’s network. A user named peter requests assistance with his Windows 2000 Professional portable computer.

Peter is preparing for extensive air travel and wants to optimize the battery life for his portable computer. You want to configure Peter’s computer to save the contents of memory to the hard disk and then to shut down when Peter presses the sleep button.

What should you do?

A. Configure the power settings to use the standby option.
B. Configure the power settings to use the power off option.
C. Configure the power settings to use the hibernation option.
D. Configure the computer to use the always on power scheme.
E. Configure the computer to use the portable/laptop on power scheme.

3.) 4. You want to use Windows backup to perform a weekly backup of the user data on your Windows 2000 Professional computer. You want to ensure that your registry, boot files, and COM+ objects are backed up.

What should you do?

A. Configure Windows Backup to back up the system partition.
B. Configure Windows Backup to back up the System State data.
C. Create a script written in the Microsoft visual basic, scripting edition (vbscript) language to run rdisk.exe /s before the backup starts.
D. Create a batch file to run rdisk.exe /s- before the backup starts.

ok is that enough for today?
thanks class.