MCSE 2000 books

Thread: MCSE 2000 books

Post MCSE 2000 books

Soon I plan on starting on my MCSE for Windows 2000. I just installed 2000 Professional at home, and soon we will start using 2000 at work.

I plan on self studying and would like to know what books you would suggest I use. I plan on buying a core set. In the past, I have been partial to Sybex, but I am open to new ideas. Thanks.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

This is the book set I'm currently using to study for MCSE. It's pretty good if you can stand reading page after page of Microsoft saying how wonderful they are.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...001088-2109467

Sorry slip of the finger, forgot to put the link on the last post.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

I have the same set, but I also plan on getting the sybex series to, just to reinforce
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

I've been using the Sybex for W2K, and they've been decent. Unfortunately, I think nothing is going to substitute for experience, especially with the networking and directory services exams. I've also checked out some of the Sybex e-trainers. I found them to be easier to use than the books, but I seemed to retain less information from them. Go figure. I recommend using more than one source for the exams, however, particularly since these exams are so new and there's very little agreement about what is actually on them.. Just check out three or four exam demos and you'll see what I mean - you won't find many questions in common between them.
    a LARTing we will go
    a LARTing we will go
    hi-ho the derrio
    a LARTing we will go

Exclamation

I heard from a good source sybex w2k books suck monkey butt. Im using the MOC, and just finished it (1415 pgs between TOC and Index.)
    Im trying to consolidate the huge mass of nothingness ive absorbed from the book.
    70-240, who will conquer it? WHo wont?
    UsePost2000
    IT Consultant
    A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSA,
    MCSE, MCSE2000, MCDBA,
    MCT, CCNA, CCNP

Sybex is a good prep tool. Follow it up with MS Press, then go and get yourself Transcenders.
    Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!

I use "MCSE Training Kit Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" official study guide. It is all right, except no reall good questions at the end of the chapter.
    To each his/her own.