[RESOLVED] A+ cert
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] A+ cert

pumpkinhead77

Resolved [RESOLVED] A+ cert

I am looking to get A+ certified, can someone tell me the kind of things that i would need to know, and if you know of any, sites that have study guides etc.

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!

Kathy2you

Hi. I am currently studying for the A+. A good book to get is the All in One A + certification book by Micheal Meyers.
    You can also go to http://www.brainbuzz.com and go to the Cramsession section an excellent site to let you know what you need to know

Jvaguy

windows, dos, printers, laser printers, hardware, software , hard drives, cables, troubleshooting,

a good set is from the ex forefront people they have classroom based training disks, i learned mine from experience and took the test years back .. and it shocked me i passed it with ease .. A+ is a good start but youll need more to be something .. A+ has lost the meanig it once had .. look into MCSD .. everyone is going to networking .. look into developing

------------------
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7 all good children go to heaven

Kathy2you

Another thing you need to do is read, read, read. Subscribe to computer magazines and so on. A good magazine is Maximum PC. I will also eventually go for the Network + exam.

Kathy2you

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jvaguy:
    windows, dos, printers, laser printers, hardware, software , hard drives, cables, troubleshooting,

a good set is from the ex forefront people they have classroom based training disks, i learned mine from experience and took the test years back .. and it shocked me i passed it with ease .. A+ is a good start but youll need more to be something .. A+ has lost the meanig it once had .. look into MCSD .. everyone is going to networking .. look into developing

</font>
    Do you have a url as to where I can get something like that? I have seen something like that in magazines.

dantanna

I got my a+ a year ago, I used the Newriders/Marcraft A+ certification training guide book it includes tests with it on cd and course material also used alot of online testing, I crammed alot for the test and found it to be not as hard as I thought it would be. GOOD LUCK!

rscos

I used sybex and exam cram books for all my certs, I never took the A+ in the end coz I was concentrating on getting the NT4 certs, but also have a look at www.certificationhelp.com for some question dumps

zipulrich

Another good practice quiz site is at http://www.geocities.com/aplus_practice_exams/index.htm

pumpkinhead77

Thumbs up

Thanks guys, i like all of the sites, and from what i can tell, i can pass without even studying!

------------------

Jvaguy

heres the classrom based training place
    http://www.ffg.com/default.asp

ahh never stop studing ... even if its the easiest thing ... i bet 99% of us here study several times a week on things we know even if its making a startup disk ..

------------------
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7 all good children go to heaven

Thumbs up

I used the A+ study by David Goth and the A+ for dummies book(it was free), study study study, and if possible getting some hands on helps alot, good luck

------------------
    I'm on the right track but the wrong train...or is it the right train but wrong track ?
    Where's that smoke coming from ?

Bambs

Smile

For a very wide range of exams (though you will need to register) try www.examcram.com

captpackrat

Study? For the A+?

The test is actually quite easy, especially if you have experience already. The main thing is to memorize the tables, everything else is pretty simple.

The Sybex A+ study guides seemed pretty nice. Just make sure you get the most current version, because CompTIA does update their tests every once in a while.

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

professadainty

Question

The site that you would want to go to is www.comptia.org. It tells you all about the test and provides lots of links. Also, Bambs mentioned www.examcram.com. Try getting your hands on the A+ exam cram study guide. Trust me, it was a great help for me. Peace...

pumpkinhead77

well guys, i got the book by david goth and realized that i knew most everything on the test! so after 10min of studying i got my cert

------------------