IE 6 Beta (boring grey)

Thread: IE 6 Beta (boring grey)

Talking IE 6 Beta (boring grey)

I have a copy of IE6 Beta on my machine, I have seen images of IE6 on the net and it loks very different to how it looks on my PC. The pictures I have seen of IE6 looks like WinXP, you know all colourful like. I'm stuck with boring grey... Any ideas how to change grey to the muli-coloured XP look?

P.S. I'm running WinME
    Regards Steve...

(]TSS[)Pendragon

Tools tab/Internet Options/General Tab/Colors.

If thats what you mean.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

I think you're talking about the nice looking XP interface you've seen in IE6 for XP screenshots.

That's only in XP unfortunately. Your sidebars should have colored title bars and the icons should be nicer but the rest is XP only. no way to get it in 9x/Me/2k.

i wish I had the XP style IE6 also

& the personal bars have been removed from the gold code that is being made available next week on August 15
    w00t

the only way i can think of is to get WindowBlinds from <a href="http://www.stardock.com" target="_blank">Stardock</a> and get a XP-like skin, but remember that skins (even in XP) can drag the CPU down.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

[quote]Originally posted by Digital Rellik:
    <strong>the only way i can think of is to get WindowBlinds from <a href="http://www.stardock.com" target="_blank">Stardock</a> and get a XP-like skin, but remember that skins (even in XP) can drag the CPU down.</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is most likely what you're refering to. Although you could always just change the color of 3D objects in Display properties --> Appearance
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

kingtbone is on the right track. Try selecting one of the preset color schemes in Display Properties > Appearance. Slate is my favorite and is a refreshing change from the boring "default" grey.

True, changing the colors is a start, another thing to try is <a href="http://www.stardock.com/products/webblinds/" target="_blank">WebBlinds</a> also from stardock; which only skins the IE Browser and its toolbars, as well as the throbber, then you can go <a href="http://www.WinCustomize.com" target="_blank">www.WinCustomize.com</a> to get a XP "Luna" skin for WebBlinds.

Only thing is that it is Beta so quote:
    [quote] This is a beta version of WebBlinds. That means it may crash your computer, blow up your house, and make your pets run away. By downloading and installing it, you are acknowledging these and any other risks associated with installing and using beta software <hr></blockquote> but then you are using IE6 Beta right?
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.