Win2k SP-2 issues post - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Win2k SP-2 issues post

Before SP2 I couldn't run Win2k on my computer. There was incompatibilitys with the VIA MVP3 chipset and Sound Blaster drivers that use the digital out port. After seeing that these two bugs were fixed I decided to try Win2k again.

I did a clean format on my C partition, and installed Win2k. I then installed Win2k, then installed SP2, and the March 2001 Compatibility update. Everything works fine, the computer doesn't lock up in 3d games anymore.

I installed windows 2000 advanced server also, and installed sp2 and so far no problems. The one thing I do have a problem with is getting aol to function correctly with a DSL connection. So I am Dueling back to Win98 to connect to the internet. [email protected] Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Matt

I isntalled SP2 on my 2000 Pro box and it slammed my ASPI drivers so any program that uses ASPI (i.e. MP3 rippers, burner software) dumped my machine. But I downloaded Force ASPI and now its all good.. I installed it on My 2000 Server box and no problems yet..
    Spend One Hour of Every Day Like it was Your last, you'll Live much better that way