[RESOLVED] Cannot recover lost CD ROM Driver

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot recover lost CD ROM Driver

rowalker

Resolved [RESOLVED] Cannot recover lost CD ROM Driver

I need help. I had to re install windows. My wife and I both have PB's (hers is older) WIN95 had to be re installed in mine and when I used the PB recover 31/2" disc. I re installed windows and ever since, my computer cannot find the CD Rom. I can't find the driver since my disc. is corrupted. Can anyone help?

If your problem is a driver problem and you have an IDE CD-ROM drive, download the universal driver that can be found at this site. Or just click <a href="http://home.altoplanos.net/~stevet/uniide.exe">here</a> to download it.

Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

Myles
    "FILE NOT FOUND"

More to the point...what CD-ROM drive do you have (make and model)? Which PB model do you have? Have you checked on PB's site for the drivers under your model number? If they don't have it, try the CD-ROM manufacturer's site...sometimes they will have a driver that will work.

You may have to open your case and extract the CD-ROM drive to find the make and model from the label on it. Once you have that, you are 90% of the way there...

Hope this helps...

[This message has been edited by schultzz (edited May 12, 1999).]

Myles, uniide *was* there back in April when I posted that message. You can find it here now:

http://home.altoplanos.net/~stevet/tech/uniide.exe

Steve
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"