How do I install the Conexant Riptide HCF modem driver in Win 2K Pro?

Thread: How do I install the Conexant Riptide HCF modem driver in Win 2K Pro?

Post How do I install the Conexant Riptide HCF modem driver in Win 2K Pro?

Hi my computer is an HP Pavilion model 6540C.
    It has a Conexant HCF Riptide modem/sound combocard . I know Hewlett-Packard doesn't support upgrading a Pavilion PC from Win 98SE to Win 2K Pro . I did a CLEAN INSTALL of Win 2K on my machine BOOTING from the Win 2K CD . When I checked on the Device Manager
    I found Question Marks in telling me about Unknown Devices, like AUDIO CONTROLLER(!) and PCI INPUT DEVICE(!) . Besides I got more exclamation marks on the Communication Ports
    COM 2(!) and COM 3(!) . ( I have heard that the COM 3 is a VIRTUAL PORT not a real one).
    Under Windows 98SE my modem was using that Virtual Port COM 3 . Using a computer in my workplace I downloaded the WIN 2K drivers for that modem in the HP website .
    That file is the RIPNAW2K.EXE (approx size
    448.5 KB) . That file is UNSUPPORTED by HP .
    I tried to install it and it installed the modem only . The modem is attached to the COM 4 now . But....it's not working at all .
    I haven't got any sound and the modem can't dial to my ISP . When it tries to dial, I get an error (error # 777) . I still get the same marks on the COM 2 the COM 3 and the Audio Controller, and PCI Input Device .
    What am I doing wrong when I try to install the drivers for Win 2K????? I have heard about people that have installed the drivers successfully , but I haven't had any luck yet. Can someone here tell me what to do with the Conexant Riptide modem in my HP Pavilion PC?? I need instructions about installing a driver under Win 2K? It seems I'm a dumb at all .

Thanks for your help !!!!

Mustang

you can find hte file you need here
    just download and then double click on the file