[RESOLVED] "Buffer Underrun" error when recording cds

Thread: [RESOLVED] "Buffer Underrun" error when recording cds

Geo111

Resolved [RESOLVED] "Buffer Underrun" error when recording cds

Help. I have tried everything.
    When I try to write a data or an audio cd
    with my Teac R55S SCSI CD-Recorder, it fails.
    My SCSI controller is an Adaptec 2910C and
    my SCSI CD-ROM is a Plextor 40X Ultraplex.
    I 've really tried everything. I 've reinstalled WIN98, I 've changed the SCSI IDs
    and checked the termination. I 've also tested these cd-roms in another computer and
    worked perfect! :-(

Darren Wilson

[This message has been edited by Darren Wilson (edited April 20, 1999).]

Darren Wilson
    Update you're ASPI drivers from http://www.adaptec.com/support/overview/windows98.html first. Then try writing CD's at a slower speed than you are trying to write ( i.e. 1X instead of 2X ). If this fails try copying files from the HDD .

Your reader should be the last device on the SCSI bus ( apart from the Card ( i.e. Terminated )and your writer should be the next number down. If your card supports it ( I don't know as I have not used a 2910 ) drop the transfer rate down to 5Mb or 10Mbs .
    This has cured a lot of my probs in the past. Also ensure that there is adequate ventilation & cooling in the system as SCSI devices get very HOT and this can cause under runs also. In the ideal world the reader & writer should be placed in the case as far from each other as possible.

Good Luck & I hope you solve you're problem.

Geo111
    Thanks very much Darren!

YOUR BUFFER ON YOUR CD-ROM DRIVE IS ALLOWED TO EMPTY. YOU MUST SHUT DOWN ALL OTHER RUNNING PROGRAMS TO GIVE YOUR CD-ROM BUFFER UNINTERRUPTED DATA.