screen resolution

Thread: screen resolution

Question screen resolution

I have a user who just got a new Dell Latitude LS Laptop running Win2k. This user runs a program which requires high resolution screensetting. No prob. I set the screen to 1280 * 1024 (and tried 1024 * 768 to no avail).
    My problem is that the screen is supposed to display as very small icons (as if everything was very far away and you need to squint to see it). The screen actually just keeps everything the same size and makes the screen larger, ie you have to move the mouse around to "scroll" and see the whole screen, never seeing everything at the same time.

How can I fix this? It is probably unique to Dell because on a workstation running Win2kPro, I set the resolution and it came out the way it is supposed to.

I tried the Dell support site, but have not found anything.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Rafi

Try setting the monitor type to laptop dispaly panel 1024*768 or a plug and play monitor rather than a laptop display panel @ 800*600

hey man, I bet that the video adapter is an ATI. what you need to do is lower the screen size not the resolution. everything should work fine after that.

------------------
    hey its me again!
    hey its me again!