[RESOLVED] boot up problems...please help

Thread: [RESOLVED] boot up problems...please help

fiz

Unhappy boot up problems...please help

Someone please help me...i need to fix this urgently.
    i have been running my machine with win2k for a couple of months now, and yesterday, it spontaneously stopped booting into windows. well, i reinstalled win2k pro...which didnt' work. i started getting blue screens of death and restarts after the "starting windows" black screen with status bar. so i reformatted, and everything went fine. this morning, i started up my machine and it's doing the same thing. i've reformatted 3 times, with a reinstall of win2k. at this point, it gets to the graphical "starting windows 2000 screen" but the status bar with the blue status units does NOT go past blank...the blue strip that is supposed to move during the entire boot process remains idle.

Someone on another forum responded with this:
    I've had a similar problem on some various Athlon mobo's, found out that the AGP drivers were experiencing some corruption in win2k-found a fix for this at www.windrivers.com, don't remember exactly where. Hope this helps.

Anyway, if anyone could help (with either the link or the problem in general) it will be MUCH MUCH appreciated. Thanks alot.

------------------
    http://www.dustbroom.net/
    P3 700x2, Supermicro P6DBE, 192mb RAM, GeForce 2 GTS 32mb, SB Live!

fiz

Thumbs up

Anyone? Could it be harddrive related? BIOS related?

Jkeating

Might be the sound card. Can you get into safemode? I just had problems with my win2k with my live card. had to do some major driver forcing to get the os to boot again.

------------------
    Most problems are caused at the 8'th layer...

not that evil KAK.WORM virus that damn thing causes all sorts of bootup probs also dosent get removed by reformatting get it to bootup one time and go to mcafee.com and use the online virus scan worth a try aslo give the first aid a wiz as well
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

gaff2

I assume you have reseated the memory.

ctrl@ltd3l

Thumbs up

i had this problem and found that i had to disable USB in the BIOS because the VIA chip was not supported by Win2000.