[RESOLVED] Workstation service just will not start again.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Workstation service just will not start again.

rogerperkins

Unhappy Workstation service just will not start again.

I have a notebook with Windows 2000 and two network cards, one is a wireless Aircard. Ever since I got both of the configured the Workstation service stopped and will not start again. When I try to start it manually I get an error code 2250. And the Event Log says Event ID 3113 service redirector could not be started and Event ID 7024 Workstation service terminated with service-specific error 2250. I've uninstalled both network cards and just installed one card but the Workstation service still will not start and I know it use to start with just one card installed. I've also checked the Microsoft knowledge but that didn't help much.

Help

Thanks

rogerperkins

Thumbs down

Microsoft's knowledge base says that if I get an Error 3113 Initialization failed because the requested service redirector could not be started in the event log that I should, "The error message should not reoccur after you reboot the computer. The error message occurs because the naming context of the computer has changed, and a reboot is required to properly reinitialize all processes to the new naming context. You can ignore this error message if there is only one instance recorded in the event log." But it doesn't say anything about what to do if that doesn't work. Help :

gotbyk

Lightbulb

In NT 4.0 when that happened didn't reinstalling the service pack fix the problem?

How would you do that in 2K?

rogerperkins

Well that was a good thought gotbyk, so I tried to reinstall sp1 but it didn't help. But after doing some more research about rpc, I found out the Server Service has disappeared from my Services list, not just disabled but totally gone. And I've checked other Windows 2000 PC's and they all have that Service and started. Does anybody know how to reinstall the Server Service short of reinstalling Windows itself?