[RESOLVED] Why Power Users and not Users??

Thread: [RESOLVED] Why Power Users and not Users??

CASMAN

Resolved [RESOLVED] Why Power Users and not Users??

I am clean loading Windows 2000 on several computers running on an NT Domain.
    After I load the complete package ie Operating system, Office, misc stuff, ect.
    I turn it over to the users.
    When a user tries to save a word document it tells then can not save because it is read only.
    This happens when it tries to save the normal template. It saves their document but you must cancel the normal template save.
    When I make them a Power User it works perfectly. Has any one else seen this type of problem??

evilpeace666

What folder are they saving it too? Check your permissions on the folder that they are trying to save it under, and make sure that the groups that your users are in have full access to that folder, and not just read only access. Also, are you running Active directory?

------------------
    Master of Ceremonial Poo Slinging

Vhen you log on as user , you have only fool control on your profile / home directory.
    Every think else is read only.

Which office ( word ) do you use.

------------------
    Mr. B
    Mr. B

iateyourcat

i think there's an option to NOT save the template each time you save a document. templates are a major pain in the a$$ in my opinion.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

[This message has been edited by iateyourcat (edited February 28, 2001).]

CASMAN

Not running AD...
    Office 2000
    I loaded 2 more systems and it worked all right. It's just not consistence in all of them, I think it's just a file permission quark when I am loading Office or other software...

Thanks for the help