Windows 2000 & Internet

Thread: Windows 2000 & Internet

Post Windows 2000 & Internet

I have Windows 2000, on a local network. It has been working fine. For some reason it will not display web pages. I can ping by ip or name and it work fine. It just wont display pages. Help Thanks Keystone

---------------------------------------------
    I have Windows 2000, on a local network. It has been working fine. For some reason it will not display web pages. I can ping by ip or name and it work fine. It just wont display pages. Help Thanks Keystone
    ---------------------------------------------

Windows 2000 pro or Server and what type of connection do you have ie dialup,broadband,etc...
    are you saying you can ping www.microsoft.com or www.google.com and it will return an IP but it will not load web pages? Weird with the additional information maybe we can figure it out but the other information is cruical as to what to check.

will the web page display if you browse to the ip address? ie. http://207.46.230.218
    if you can display web pages this way its probably a dns problem.
    #3 1951-2001

It has Windows 2000 Pro and T1 connection. We can ping web sites and ip address, but we can not load or view web pages. I am a novice at this I hope I answered you question. Thanks Keystone

I can ping google. I also can ping machines on my network and other web sites. Email works but no web pages

no it will not display by ip or address

PJPilate

Get me wrong, as I'm not the expert here, but it sounds like a firewall problem, but i'm not sure if you're running one. It might block port 80, but still allow you to ping and tracert systems, but not let you into any pages.

------------------
    www.fdms.com / www.firstdata.com - How the world moves it's money