Unknown device in Device manager and error in hidden devices: HID class driver not wo

Thread: Unknown device in Device manager and error in hidden devices: HID class driver not wo

Red face Unknown device in Device manager and error in hidden devices: HID class driver not wo

After a big crash I reinstalled(repaired)Wk2pro. I had to reinstall all INTEL drivers. Know the computer is very slow and when I go to device manager I have: "Unknown device?" in "Other devices?, which always comes back when I delete it. Also in hidden devices I'got a problem with "MS HID Class Driver" In properties it says: "this device is not present or does not have it's driver istalled" (Code 24). When I open "driver" it says "Service name: HidUsb", Current status : "Stopped" When I try to start it, nothing happens. Driver Details in Driver files: C:\System32\drivers\HidUsb.sys. I haven't got a file C:\system32 I've got it in C:\WINIT and C:\I386.
    From time to time the computer crashes and restarts if I open Outlook or a connection to a server via VPN. A small blue screen appears but I can't read it before it shuts down.
    Can anybody help?

off the top of my head the hidusb driver is probably for either a usb mouse, keyboard, graphics tablet or something along those lines. As far as the "other devices" windows is apparently detecting something that isn't there anymore (obviously) perhaps the two are tied together or something was turned on that was turned off before...such as a serial port in the bios or something...or usb keyboard/mouse support...i'm just guessing really but you might wanna check.
    #3 1951-2001